Many potential home-buyers start the buying process by looking at current homes on the market. However, you should remember that you have other options! Our company, Donnelly Developments, builds custom homes in Cherokee County, Bartow County, and Pickens County here in Georgia. We specialize in bringing the home of your dreams to life.
So if you are in the market for a new home, here are 10 reasons to consider building it from the ground up.
Top 10 Reasons to Build a Custom Home
1. You get everything you want. From the floor plan to the storage spaces and everything in between, a custom home is your home. It wasn’t designed for anyone else; it was designed to fit the needs and desires of you and your family. Interested in an arched doorway to your dining room? Totally do-able. Want a patio, or space for a fire pit? Not a problem. From a pool area to a chef’s kitchen, the best way to get a house that combines all the big and little things that’ll make your heart sing… is to design it with a custom home builder.
2. You can future-proof your home. One of the main reasons that people move is because they simply grow out their current space. You may be a young family and need more space or you could be at that stage of your life when you are ready to downsize. Or maybe you are no longer commuting to work, and you need a designated office space in your home. All of this is possible when you build a custom home. We have several home plans and work with local architects to ensure that your house fits all of your needs.
3. Design with energy-saving in mind. These days, having an energy-conscious home is more valuable than ever, especially from an environmental impact and cost-saving standpoint. So rather than attempting to retrofit an older home with energy-efficient mechanicals and fixtures, you can have them installed from the start. This approach not only gets you the exact functionality you desire in your home, but it can also significantly lower your monthly energy bills.
4. Express yourself with thoughtful details. Your home is not just shelter; it should be an expression of you. The last thing anybody wants is to feel like they are living in a cookie cutter home that has been built hundreds of times in your area. With a custom home you pick everything from the floor plan, colors, tile, flooring, cabinets, appliances, lighting, and more.
5. Everything is fresh. From the insulation in the attic, to a brand-new weather-proofed roof, you don’t have to worry about the wear-and-tear you’re inheriting. Gone will be the days when you have to keep track of which decade the HVAC units or hot water heater were installed. In a custom home, you know that they’ve been installed new for you and are covered by years of manufacturer warranties. Not only that, but you’ll likely benefit from models that have improved over the years, have no patches, and haven’t been installed at different times over the years.
6. Get the latest technology. A custom home means you have a chance to achieve full integration, from lighting and audio that can be controlled with apps, appliances that can make your life easier, home security that combines locks and cameras, heated floors, and so much more.
7. Location, location, location. If you have an area of town in mind, but none of the existing houses suit your tastes, building custom can always be an option. Build your home in the community you desire, near the right school districts, or close to family and friends.
8. Get a leg-up on maintenance costs. Buying an existing home is always easier than building from the ground up. However, unforeseen maintenance issues always have a way of popping up a few months or years after you’ve settled in. With a new home, many elements are still covered under their manufacturer or builder warranties and can be repaired or replaced if needed.
9. A sense of pride. Not only will you enjoy this home, but if there ever comes a time when you decide to sell, you can feel confident that you’ve added a quality home to the market. The next person who decides to buy your home will also appreciate the fact that your home is not like every other one that they are looking at. They will notice the small details that made your house custom, and this will bring more value to your home and set it apart in the market.
10) The chance to choose your builder. Choose who you work with, and feel confident about the quality, skill, integrity, level of service, and result that they will provide for you. Your building team will consist of craftspeople who will bring your vision to life, so you want to choose a skilled, action-oriented, well-managed company. We always encourage people to talk to several builders and get prices before deciding who you trust to build your home.
If building a custom home is something that interests you, please reach out to your team here at Donnelly Developments to see how we can help you create a home that fits your needs, vision, and budget! Call us at (678) 708-7940.